Wednesday, January 20, 2010

As we end the first semester of this class and get ready to welcome a new group of students, I wanted to share with you this thoughtful reflection by one the students.
" Writing to me is a simple and easy way of pulling your feelings out of you. It's moving your thoughts and emotions into the open and onto paper or a computer screen. It's a ways of relieving you from your worries and the pressures from the outside world. When you write, the only thing that matters is you and the words and phrases coming from your mind. I believe that writing is an art that is meant to be taken seriously and anyone who doesn't believe that has never sat down with a paper, pencil, and thought to themselves about all the possibilities that could fill that sheet of paper. Writing comes naturally to me. Whether it is a story, a poem, or just a list of things I need to get, when I am writing, I am myself and what everyone else around me thinks and says doesn't matter. Writing has helped me do everything from expressing my happiness to bringing me out of a fog that was too think to breathe in. writing is essential to me and I am proud to say that. I will continue to write and therefore, continue to grow."

No comments:

Post a Comment