Monday, December 14, 2009

PROLIFIC POETS !

We have been quite a bit of poetry writing, so we thought we would share some of our recent pieces. Some will be printed so that you can read them as you scroll through our blog. Others will be linked because of length or format. Enjoy!

So Close

Tragedy can easily fall upon a family
It may only take one single slip
A loss of balance
And I quickly immerse into the cool water
I scramble my legs
But they will not stand firmly on the slimy rocks
With no adults around
And only my brother and sister nearby
I had to act quickly
To think of my own solution
I take a few gasps when I reach the surface
But immediately plunge back into the water
I begin to think this will never end
And if my parents are on their way
I feel a tug on my arm
And dip back down again
Another tug and I see the surface
As I crawl up on the bank
Everything is alright now
And I remember that terrifying fright
By: Deanna E.

The pale yellow glow of the moon reaches
d
o
w
n
gently kissing the frozen ground.
A million little stars wink playfully,
Their lights sparkle like an illuminated Christmas tree.
Soft, fair powder
t
w
i
r
l
s
in the air
and twinkles slightly
in their light
displaying its subtle beauty.
The contrast is breathtaking;
Bright, glowing white
against the never ending black darkness.
by Cassidy Z.
As I sit here and slowly close my eyes
I take another deep breath
And feel the wind pass through my body.
I'm the one in your soul
reflecting inner life
Protecting the ones who hold you
Cradling your inner child.
I need serenity
in a place where I can hide.
I need serenity
Nothing changes, days go by.
Where do we go when we do not know where?
How do we relight the flame when it's cold?
Why do we dream when our thoughts mean nothing?
When will we learn control?
By: Cole S.
THIS I AM
I am a freely given badge of courage that
Flies and flows through the battlefield.
I am Bravery, I am Glory.
Love am I and so is Lust.
I am Passion and Envy,
But I am contrary to greed.
I live upon the proud Robin's breast.
Bold is My Family, Warm is my
Climate and home. I am Life.
I glow, in anger and apathy.
I am Red.
By: Chris M.
The meaning of our very existence.
Through the innocent clouds,
A ray of light shines through.
Doves soar the way gracefully
with their angelic friends.
Peace envelops the earth.
Stars twinkle, glistening throughout the sky,
Sons and daughters of the mother moon.
A glimpse of hope, gives us fortitude.
Purity held within,
A God given gift.
We each are blessed with beauty,
The beauty of a white rose.
Darkness lurks ubiquitously
Shadows, the slaves of evil . . . follow
Hush in the hours of darkness,
Silence of death can be heard.
Bats, angels of the night heavens
Moments are dreamt,
Nightmares, dreams
Tainting our minds,
Whispering to our lonely hearts.
Chained to black and white.
It's all our eyes can see,
The petals of the white rose drop
Only to blossom
The black rose.
True Beauty
By: Claudia D.
Lost Emotions
I have lost all happiness
Every emotion has abandoned me
After the death of our beloved mother.
If you wish to know the current state I am in
Based upon my appearance, you will know
My hair is crimson like the blood that flows within me.
My eyes are empty like the universe
If it had no life, planets, or stars.
The black rings under my eyes are as dark as
A shadow stalking through the night
For I am one who does not sleep well
And as a result
I study books to pass my time.
My tattoo questions the meaning of life
However, tnhose who are not enlightened
Would believe differently upon seeing mt symbol.
I wear dark apparel so others can judge me
And . . . I will not care
I continue to exist only because of the love
My brother and sister share despite our tragedy.
BY: Andrew S.
Shades of Blue by Caitlin C.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I just wanted to say: 1) I saw someone with an inkpop account & decided to give this blog a visit (way to go for advertising! :D) and

    2) I think it's really creative the way the entire class can have something to do together. All of your work is well written and very visual; I can see and feel everything you describe. Great work!

    ReplyDelete